Can you run Spigot and Forge at the same time.

Discussion in 'System Administration' started by Siddyf, Sep 16, 2016.

1. Siddyf

Siddyf New Member

Best Answers:
    So I have my default server type as a spigot, but I would like to add forge. However even though I have the forge-universal.jar, the MCserver.jar, and the libraries folder all in the root directory, I do not believe i see it operating in the console. What am I doing wrong?

2. Firestar311

Firestar311 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hello, Currently it is not possible to run Spigot 1.10.2 and Forge 1.10.2 at once. You can run it for Spigot and Forge for 1.7.10.
    None of the ways to run both have been updated to 1.10.2, sorry.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Michael82476

Michael82476 New Member

Best Answers:
    There is a way to hook them together, but there's not a way to run both all in one server. Hooking them together would be easy with BungeeCord. Also, if you want plugins on a forge API (meaning you can add mods to your server), get Sponge. Select SpongePowered from the drop down jar selection and select the version you would like. Spigot + Bukkit plugins do NOT work with the Sponge API, so make sure you are grabbing proper Sponge plugins.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Siddyf

Siddyf New Member

Best Answers:
    Hi, you have said a number of things here; what I get out of it is, I am able to run a 1.10.2 with forge and sponge running on one server. Sponge will allow me to use sponge mods/plugins, and I can continue the forge ones, correct? I am primarily looking for perms and guards, it appears that the versions of these things on a current forge are weak. Thank you.

5. ChrisC

ChrisC Forum Moderator

Best Answers:
    Correct me if im wrong, Im sure you can add forge plugins to a Sponge server as sponge in an addon placed in a gorge server. This allows these
    • Sponge plugins only
    • Forge mods
    • Sponge mods

6. Michael82476

Michael82476 New Member

Best Answers:
    Sponge is a server type, that CAN be included with a forge API. Therefore, you download sponge plugins, and move them to your plugins folder, and all your mods go in the mods folder of you server directory.

7. Firestar311

Best Answers:
    Sponge is an API much like how Thermos is (Bukkit and Forge combined). However it is built on top of Forge itself and therefore requires special plugins as the API is not the same as Bukkit.

• Like Like x 1
  8. ChrisC

ChrisC Forum Moderator

Best Answers:
    For what i found it doesn't create a plugin folder. Plugins and mods all go in the mods folder. That may have changed now but.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Michael82476

Michael82476 New Member

Best Answers:
    I'm sorry, haven't used sponge for a long long time (and even then, just to test it out). I do know, however, that you can get plugins, which go somewhere ofc. I guess the mods folder, yes.

10. Siddyf

Siddyf New Member

Best Answers:
    Yesterday I did set up a FTB 1.10.2 forge 2092, with spongeforge latest. It does run, and what this means for the newer person/server owner is that you can run forge which gives you the ability to run more current MC&mods while being able run some of what I would describe as "bukkit like" mods.

When I switched over from Spigot to Forge, I got the mod pack I wanted, but I could not use things like worldguard/pex/essentials, that were rather easy to install and use. Trying to find some of these mods on a purely forge side server is not as fun/easy as the bukkit/spigot side.

Current addition of the forgesponge does not create a plugins folder, though there is a plugins.uploader created. You drop your sponge mods into the /mod folder, just like the forge mods.

#10 Siddyf, Sep 26, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2016
  11. Siddyf

Siddyf New Member

Best Answers:
    Not to hijack my own thread, but what are you running? Is it a 1.10.2 version?

12. Firestar311

Best Answers:
    I am going to guess that is was 1.8.8 because Sponge has been around since 1.8.8 forge came out.
    For the worldguard/pex/essentials plugins, try contacting the authors of each and see if they could make a version for the Sponge API. That might help a lot of people who run Sponge