Can't connect to my server?

Discussion in 'Help Desk' started by Dekotahh2, Jul 17, 2015.

1. Dekotahh2

Dekotahh2 New Member

Best Answers:
    Hey, just wondering if anyone else is having this problem, or if anyone knows how to fix it. I can log into any server just fine, except for my own. I've triple-checked the IP address, restarted my client, and rebooted my PC. I also tried resetting my hosts file. However, when I attempt to connect, it says "Connecting..." for several seconds before displaying the following message.

"java.netConnectionException: Connection timed out: no further information:"

I've also tried stopping, starting, and restarting my server from the control panel, but still no dice. Anyone know anything about this?

2. retrodaredevil

Best Answers:
    There's a number of things that may have gone wrong. Your world may be corrupt and be lagging you out like crazy which you can fix with MCEdit by copying your world and pasting it in another but I recommend you do a live chat and have some MCProHoshing staff look at it because if it just says it's timed out in my experience it's lag or corruption.

3. Nore

Nore Forum Moderator

Best Answers:
    Is the ip correct?

4. ChrisC

ChrisC Forum Moderator

Best Answers:
    Try go thought this checklist
    • Check if server is online and Green in the panel
    • Check ip is correct. eg: 123.45.67.890:25572
    • Check if check if others can connect. (a Friend)
    • Try create a subdomain and connect to that. (note new subdomains may take up to 1 day to be able to connect to).
    • Message me if these dont work
    IP: Port:
    123.45.67.890:25572​

also take note of this in FAQ @mcprohosting.com
    Q: I just bought my server, but when I log in I'm on a different server or my IP doesn't work!
    A: Chances are you're not including the port. The format should be 127.0.0.1:31337. In this instance, 31337 would be the port. If you do not use your port, Minecraft will automatically connect to :25565, which can be someone elses server. If you're unsure what your servers IP is please refer to your welcome email or contact our support system.

#4 ChrisC, Jul 17, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2016
    • Like Like x 1