Can't resolve hostname/Can't get into FTP

Discussion in 'Help Desk' started by zjamster, Jun 29, 2015.

1. TylerB

TylerB Active Member

Hello everyone. Sorry y'all are experiencing this issue.

For now, please use Filezilla to access the FTP, and use your numeric IP to join the server. We are working on fixing these problems.

• Like Like x 3
  2. mokdennie26

mokdennie26 Member

Good job. Keep your hard work. Mcprohosting is the best hosting ever. Really impressed. Hope it can be fixed within tomorrow as you know, it is summer holiday ah in Hong Kong and many players are waiting to play.

It is good to know the professional mcph staff is fixing the problem.

#22 mokdennie26, Jun 30, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. zjamster

zjamster New Member

Yea like that

4. zjamster

zjamster New Member

Woo about the auto op player thing.. Like when 1st time players (like the players that 1st join your server for the 1st time ever.. They have all perms kick ban everything! Is that a file problem or the mcprohosting servers itself?

Reply asap

5. zjamster

zjamster New Member

Ps my server is the latest update (spigot 1.8.7)

6. mokdennie26

mokdennie26 Member

Yeah! Now my domain works again! Good News!

7. zjamster

zjamster New Member

good!
    mine dies aswell!

8. zjamster

zjamster New Member

FTP IS ALL FIXED!!!! YAY!

9. retrodaredevil

Guys use this ftp for now: http://www.net2ftp.com/ It give you everything mcprohosting ftp does. You can get your login info by going to ftp access then the upper right hand corner. I think it was posted up there but use your numeric ip to login to your server.

10. PiggyPiglet

PiggyPiglet New Member

everyone has this problem, simple fix though. For now everyone just use the ip and for the ftp access use filezilla. If you notice in the corner of the screen it says ftp credentials even though the page is still loading.

11. TylerB

TylerB Active Member

The issue is fixed at this time.

12. zjamster

zjamster New Member

#ITS HAPPENING AGAIN!

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. ChrisC

ChrisC Forum Moderator

Mine just says Disconnected from Deamon.

Oh will may be fault on port 21 with the Deamon. Guess the will fix ot when they get to it. :D

14. Champion_M

Champion_M New Member

The FTP service is definitely broken. Some people are having trouble connecting to subdomains, but I think that's an issue with the person's ISP (Just use your server's IP, you can keep the subdomain). The "OP" error is probably an issue with your server, as I haven't had any issues of that nature.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. TylerB

TylerB Active Member

If you are ever having problems with our webFTP, you can use Filezilla or a similar FTP client to instantly access your server's files.

16. Koolkid2775

Koolkid2775 New Member

I Know how to Fix It Pm me I and I can tell u :D :p

17. SloshyDave

SloshyDave New Member

I had a very close friend of mine ask me ot run a minecraft server for him and I of of course said yes. How bad could it be? Clearly I was gravely mistaken Constant disconnects from all members - Server randomly going offline for hour at a time.I honestly don't know how you guys get away with it. Absolutely TERRIBLE Customer response. And considering you decided to deleted my comment on your facebook page I fully intend to make your company's life a total PR disaster. You could be attempted to correct the situation but instead I get a giant slap in the face.

Also this: its quite entertaining considering it the complete opposite of what you do.

"MCProHosting LLC is run by the very finest in the Minecraft server hosting industry. We have a strong passion to develop the Minecraft community, by providing inexpensive servers with premium service.

We are firm believers that good business stems from a good product, and we work tirelessly to ensure each and every level of our service leads the industry standard. We pave a new path for Minecraft Server hosting providers all around the world."

18. TylerB

TylerB Active Member

I'm not going to delete your comments here. If you want to leave a testimonial, please do. Any feedback we get will help improve the company.

Can you PM me to let me know more about your customer experience? I would be happy to help in anyway I can.

#38 TylerB, Jul 9, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2015
  19. BoBaJeTTe

BoBaJeTTe New Member

Is it happening again or is it just me? I posted in another thread too, so I apologize for the duplicate. I just set up the sever 1-2 days ago. I also connected a domain name from GoDaddy. It works every 10th try or so. Anything I can do? No FTP issues, just "unknown host.... can't remove hostname" part

20. ChrisC

ChrisC Forum Moderator

Can u please tell me what u steps you have used to create your godaddy subdomain. Have u created a A record to the IP/no port then create srv to have target to your Domain in A record.

I will create a Step by step how to showing how i have create my previous domains soon.
    Here: https://forums.mcprohosting.com/threads/changing-ip-address.13257/

Mcpro Tutorial: https://clients.mcprohosting.com/knowledgebase/58/How-to-Connect-a-Domain---GoDaddy.html

If this doesnt work You can try create a Mcprohosting domain then use go daddy to forward your connection to that sub-domain using CNAME.

Domains can take upto 1 hour to 24hours for changes to take effect.

#40 ChrisC, Sep 10, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2015