PENDING Config settings reset to peacful when server is restarted

Discussion in 'Help Desk' started by Yoctometric, Apr 19, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Yoctometric

Yoctometric New Member

I am having very strange mob spawning issues on my server. While in game, the difficulty is displayed as hard mode, but I very rarely see any mob spawning. NOTE: "VERY RARELY, NOT NEVER". When I viewed my server config options, it said that difficulty is peaceful. So, I changed it to hard, HIT SAVE, and restarted the server. Mob spawning was not fixed, and the config files, when reloaded, said that difficulty was back to peaceful, even though in game it was hard. What is going on? How do I fix this?

2. Yoctometric

Yoctometric New Member

Note: I am using the villager plan, pure vanilla

3. Kevin L

Kevin L Client Relations Coordinator
    Administrator

Hey Yoctometric!

Thank you so much for providing so much information regarding your issue!
    Your server staying in hard mode sounds like your server might be set to hardcore mode.

In your server's server.properties file, there will be a hardcore setting.
    If enabled, this will force your server into hard difficulty.

Ensure the hardcore setting is set to false.
    Once done, you can then change your difficulty properly.

If you continue to experience issues with mob spawning, private message me with your server IP and the MCProHosting account email you used and we would love to help you further!

Best Regards,
    Kevin L.

4. Yoctometric

Yoctometric New Member

Well, the issue is now fixed. Turns out in the config file itself the setting wasn't being changed, and after I changed that mob spawning was back to normal. The config editor displaying "peaceful" is a visual bug. Ha nothing to do with hardcore mode. Thanks anyway

• Like Like x 1