Essentials Help

Discussion in 'Mods & Plugins' started by Setless, Jul 20, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Setless

Setless New Member

Best Answers:
    I manually installed the Plugin Essentials a found that I cant use basic player commands such as /tpa, /msg or even /help. I also don't want to OP people to use those commands. Please Help

2. Firestar311

Firestar311 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You need to install the plugin Vault and a permissions plugin like GroupManager or PermissionsEx. Each plugin has a Wiki explaining what you have to do to set them up.

3. Setless

Setless New Member

Best Answers:
    Okay thanks I'll try it out

4. Matin

Matin New Member

Best Answers:
    Going back to what Firestar311 has said,

Once you've implemented the permissions plugin, Here are basically all the essentials permission nodes,

Link: http://wiki.ess3.net/wiki/Command_Reference/Perm (It will be under "perm")

Warm regards,
    Matin

5. xGaminqPvPx

xGaminqPvPx Member

Best Answers:
  6. NiteWing76

NiteWing76 New Member

Best Answers:
    Disagree...to avoid any potentially severe and/or detrimental problems, server owners must understand exactly what each permission will do. While doing so, it's not complicated nor cumbersome to copy+paste a permission node from the plugin's page or wiki to the permission's file. The database will never be 100% complete for all plugins, so this would be like building a house blindfolded and putting locks only on the interior doors, then installing the bathroom sink in the kitchen because someone thought they were all interchangeable.