Getting started

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JustaGal, Apr 3, 2017.

1. JustaGal

JustaGal New Member

Best Answers:
    Hi there,

I am new here, and am thinking of starting a server and would like to use McPro as my hosting, however, I don't know exactly what type of plan I should choose?

I personally love towny however, my experience with it, it's usually always dead, and it causes the server to take a long time to load and it takes a lot of room.

I do want to have basic survival for sure, I think people can make communities or bases/towns in a survival map too - i have seen towns made with grief prevention before.

Having a resource world would be great. I also do like skyblock as well. Now I understand the two (actually 3) of these can be run together on a server ok, but what about implementation of any mini games?

I know there are plugins for mini games. I don't have money to have a dedicated server or to be able to buy 2 or 3 servers. So, I don't know what my options are?

Is is possible to have just a spleef plugin or what about something like this? https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/minigames.19687/

Some tips and guidance would be most appreciated. Thanks so much!

2. jacksharkben

jacksharkben Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well with 2Gig server I was able to run towny mini games factions and more plugins but that was with a different host but still shows you that you can put a lot of things.