Hi, I want to rent my own 20 player server

Discussion in 'Help Desk' started by Doctor Draco, Jul 12, 2015.

1. Doctor Draco

Doctor Draco New Member

Before I do, I was curious about it and I have some questions about it. I was curious if I can use mcMMO for the rented server and how much control I would have over the server. Thank you, was not sure where to ask.

2. Abacaxi

Abacaxi Member

You have complete control over the server. When purchasing a server you are not really renting it. You are buying a server but have to pay monthly,quarter annually,semi-annually or annually. To answer your first question, yes you can use mcMMO you just have to download it from BukGet or download the jar file and put it in your plugins folder.

3. Doctor Draco

Doctor Draco New Member

Ok sounds great. I've modded Skyrim and fallout like crazy but I didn't know how this was going to be. I'm going to go ahead and purchase the server and see from there. I assume I get the server files and such to mess with on my desktop.

4. ChrisC

ChrisC Forum Moderator

5. Doctor Draco

Doctor Draco New Member

Thank you. Not sure why but it won't redirect me to the payment gateway. Just sitting there loading unless it normally takes awhile. Tried to refresh it also.

6. Catscraft

Catscraft Active Member

You will have complete control and can even put in custom plugins if you want. It will be a positive learning experience and it will be worth it.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Doctor Draco

Doctor Draco New Member

Sweet thank you, I can't wait. I have to get ready for work hopefully the gateway for payment will work once I get back.

8. ChrisC

ChrisC Forum Moderator

If it doesnt work you may able to try again. If you have gone past the creating your username and everythibg. You may be able to go to Client area on top righy of web page. And go services. You may see something to pay it there if the gateway ccbill dont work. Goodluck enjoy your server. And if you need help dont be afraid to ask on the forum or send a ticket to staff, the support with mcpro is the best by far. But may be a waiting line.

9. Doctor Draco

Doctor Draco New Member

Thank you, I just got home and I'm gonna try to get it to work. I went to my email to check if there was any verification's to the checkout and I have six different servers in my checkout because I tried to go back so many times so I sent out a support ticket to help me out. The wait is worth it from what I have read and seen from the friendliness of the forum so far. Can't wait to get the server up and running my friends are stoked that I'm doing it and so am I for the learning aspects and the fact that we can all play on a private server together.

10. ChrisC

ChrisC Forum Moderator

wow. 6 servers. i can tell your excited to have a server. lol joking. hope you get everything going soon. if you need any tip at all you can alway pop a message on the forum or you can leave me a conversation at anytime. i try me best to answer any question you need when i can.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Doctor Draco

Doctor Draco New Member

Thanks for the
    Thanks! I have the server now, support fixed everything for me and now it's time to see what I can do with plugins. Can't go to hard with them as some of my friends computers probably can't handle to much in the way of addons but it will be fun none the less. I for sure message you if I need any help.

12. ChrisC

ChrisC Forum Moderator

i have a friend 512mb server have 16 plugin and it ran 100% member but we had no lag and any problem with my pc. was on a laptop too.

you friends PC can probably handle abit.

13. Doctor Draco

Doctor Draco New Member

I wen't with the stone plan. I don't pay to high in the side of rent and work almost full-time so I was hoping with having over 1000mb things would work better for everyone as there might be roughly 8 of us playing with the addons and some of them play on a laptop so I will for sure let them know as were testing it out tonight!

14. Catscraft

Catscraft Active Member

Congrats!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Doctor Draco

Doctor Draco New Member

Thanks! Would you know how to upgrade the server? My server seems to be out of date at 1.7.10 and when I started Minecraft and clicked on multi and put in the IP and found the game I can not access the server as it say's it's out of date.

16. Doctor Draco

Doctor Draco New Member

It's a bukkit server. I used Bukkit for the bukkit plugins but I hope that is not the problem.

17. Doctor Draco

Doctor Draco New Member

I think I may have figured it out. I switched to standard minecraft and then clicked on version and put it to latest. I hope I can still use bukkit mods I guess will find out.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  18. Catscraft

Catscraft Active Member

Seems like you got it now after a restart and you should still be able to use the bukkit mods

19. Doctor Draco

Doctor Draco New Member

Yeah idk how to tell the mod is working yet though. I just wanted to check the server is up and running for now. I started a new thread but maybe it was pointless as I can ask you but I'm not sure how to make the game read me as admin. I joined server but when I did a command it said I don't have the authority or whatever to do such a thing.

20. Doctor Draco

Doctor Draco New Member

nvm It does read me as owner hahaha not sure why I couldn't do the command. Probably not put in correctly. Went to control panel and clicked myself and it for sure reads me as owner. I should take down the other post.