PENDING How do I redirect my own domain to the server?

Discussion in 'Help Desk' started by Rektroth, Jul 2, 2018.

1. Rektroth

Rektroth New Member

I have my own domain name through Google Domains.
    I want to redirect mc.<my domain>.com to redirect to the server.

A simple CNAME record pointing to my server's free subdomain doesn't seem to work.

I read somewhere on here that a SRV record has to be used like so:
    [​IMG]
    But this doesn't seem to work either.

Anyone know what I'm supposed to do here?

2. Kevin M

Kevin M Active Member

Hello @Rektroth

I deeply apologize for the issue you've encountered, however I'd love to help you resolve this.

As MCProHosting does not currently support for Google Domains, we do however offer support for connecting your domain via GoDaddy and NameCheap. These guides may help you set those up:

GoDaddy: https://clients.mcprohosting.com/knowledgebase/58/How-to-Connect-a-Domain---GoDaddy.html
    NameCheap: https://clients.mcprohosting.com/knowledgebase/225/How-to-Connect-a-Domain---NameCheap.html

However, if you do not wish to use GoDaddy or NameCheap for domain linking, I would recommend looking into submitting a ticket to MCProHosting's Support Team for additional support.

3. Rektroth

Rektroth New Member

I actually did find out how to repair the issue.
    Forgot to ever post it.

I needed to put _minecraft._tcp.mc instead of just mc in the name field for the SRV record.

4. Kevin M

Kevin M Active Member

That's awesome! I'm glad that you were able to find a solution to this error you've encountered.

Let me know if you need anything else. :)