How to connect Domain to server?

Discussion in 'Help Desk' started by Dragon_Foxy, Oct 19, 2015.

1. Dragon_Foxy

Dragon_Foxy New Member

Grettings to all Crafters.

Currently, im seting up my new server, with MCPH, and i allready did some things over at the host, but now, im wondering, how can i connect server with the domain? I contacted them, they made a connection, but IP is online, as it is not answering to pings or connections to port 80 .

If you can help me with that, it would be really great. The company i host my domain, said i need to go on the site, where the IP is hold. I dont wanna contact Support yet, i wanna see, if any other person in this community can help me with this problem.

So if you know, what could be the problem, please reply or PM me.

Greetings, Foxy(Co-Founder of Team Factions)

2. jacksharkben

jacksharkben Well-Known Member

Mcprohosting has a free subdomain

3. Dragon_Foxy

Dragon_Foxy New Member

I know and no need for a free subdomain, if i can have a custom domain.

4. jacksharkben

How to Setup Your Subdomain
    How to setup your subdomain. Setting up your subdomain is relatively simple, but may take up to 24 hours for it to be operational. But during that time you can still connect with your numerical IP. If you are unsure what your numerical IP is, please submit a ticket to our general support department.Start by logging onto your Multicraft panel here.

1. On your Multicraft panel there is menu on the left.

2. Click on the the word "Subdomain".

3. In the first box, type in the subdomain you wish to have. Please use only lowercase letters. Special characters like _ and ? are not allowed.
    For example: Your server's name is "MCPVP". You can choose to have MCPVP as your subdomain by putting MCPVP in the "myserver" field.

4. Select the core domain you would like. You can only choose from "mcpro.co", "mcph.co", "mcph.eu" and "mcpro.eu".

5. Click "Save".

Congratulations! You've now setup your subdomain! If you have any issues with it, please submit a ticket to our support team.

If you find any of the steps above confusing there is a video that describes this process below:

5. Dragon_Foxy

Dragon_Foxy New Member

im allready using it. I wanna connect to my domain and not MCPH subdomain! I dont wanna use team-factions.mcph.co
    i wanna use teamfactions.net

I hope you understand now, what i want.

6. djl0st12

djl0st12 Member

Dragon,

If I understand correctly, you already own your own domain (ie: example.com is a domain derp.example.com is a subdomain)

If this is the case, then what you need to do, is visit the zone configuration file wherever your domain was purchased from/hosted by. From there you will either need to edit the A Name record for your domain (example.com = your.server.ip) or create a new a name record. (mc.example.com = your.server.ip)

If you can tell me who is hosting your domain, I can give a bit more specific direction.

7. Dragon_Foxy

Dragon_Foxy New Member

My domain is hosted with StableHost and as far as i know, they allready set it up for me

8. djl0st12

djl0st12 Member

Do you mean they have already configured the A Name record to point to your server, or that they have created the domain for you?

IE.. is this issue resolved or do you still need assistance

9. jacksharkben

10. Dragon_Foxy

Dragon_Foxy New Member

they allready did it, but it doesnt work.

and they sent me here, to mcprohosting(they didnt know the company, but they sent me to my MC host)

11. Dragon_Foxy

Dragon_Foxy New Member

• Like Like x 1
  12. djl0st12

djl0st12 Member

Dragon, a new a name record can take up to 24 hours to propulgate across all dns servers. Did they point the actual domain. or a subdomain.. so..teamfactions.net or mc.teamfactions.net to your server. Also.. do you have a dedicated ip. Does your numerical server address have a port of 25565 or something else.

13. Dragon_Foxy

Dragon_Foxy New Member

When they set it up, was like a week ago. I think it should allready work by now, but it doesent

14. djl0st12

djl0st12 Member

Can you screenshot your zone file?

15. djl0st12

djl0st12 Member

Addendum. MCProhosting wont have any access whatsoever to assist with this. Your best bet is to contact your domain host. Use https://www.whatsmydns.net/ to see if it is actually pointing.

16. Dragon_Foxy

Dragon_Foxy New Member

17. djl0st12

djl0st12 Member

so I take it, it still does not let you log into your server? does your server have a port number other than 25565?

18. Dragon_Foxy

Dragon_Foxy New Member

indeed! It does not let me join the server. Server has a port and please dont tell me, that becuse of a port, its not allowing me! ;n;

19. djl0st12

djl0st12 Member

What is your server's port number. The default minecraft port is 25565. If your server's port is NOT 25565, you will need to add the port at the end of your domain in your client's server list

20. Dragon_Foxy

Dragon_Foxy New Member