PENDING How to install Optifine on my server?

Discussion in 'Help Desk' started by Dubsmoker360, Mar 17, 2016.

1. Dubsmoker360

Dubsmoker360 New Member

Best Answers:
    I'm trying to get my son's laptop to play smoother, and have installed Optifine on his laptop, but it says that it needs to be installed on the server as well. I've used the FTP tool to upload it to the server, where I can see it in the file tree, but how do I install it? I'm on an air plan but will upgrade to Dirt or whatever necessary as soon as I know if it's doable or not. Thanks for the help. I searched for "Optifine" in the forums and didn't see any definitive posts or "hey dummy do this" guides, so sorry if it's a common topic!

2. Ellie

Ellie Active Member

Best Answers:
    Optifine is not for server side :p. You can download it from http://optifine.net/downloads and you must ensure you have already run that version of Minecraft of the version if you are installed. If that made no sense, if you download 1.8.9 you must have already run the normal 1.8.9.
    Anyway, so once you eventually get to the download page, download it, click on the jar which you receive and it should bring to a setup page just click OK/Agree/Cool to them.
    It will then say "Installed an Optifine profile for Minecraft"
    Now open up Minecraft, before you click play go the bottom left hand side and click the drop down "Profile Button": http://prntscr.com/agq4n9 Then click play and you should be away!

Good luck :)

~DomThePotato

3. joker15x

joker15x Active Member

Best Answers:
    What Dom said. Its not a server modification. You can only have it as a client mod. Now if your son's server is a modpack server, optifine will most likely already be installed on there for you for everyone to use.