Minecraft: PE How to turn on teleport/coords? (noob question)

Discussion in 'Community Knowledgebase' started by Brendan T White, May 2, 2019.

1. Brendan T White

Brendan T White New Member

OK. Noob question here. I've worked in IT for 20 years but never played Minecraft till last month, so yes, I am Jon Snow. I know nothing.

My kids and I are using Minecraft for iOS on our iPads, and I've set up a PocketMine (3.8.1) server here on MCPro so we can all play in one shared world whenever we want to.

But I can't find things like teleport or even show coordinates when I'm on the MCPro PocketMine server without installing plugins. Is this normal?

When I'm just playing in my local world on the iPad I can pause and go to Game Settings and turn on show coords. When I'm playing I can type /tp [gamertag] and teleport to someone else's location. In fact when I chick the Chat button and type / I even get a nice popup menu asking if I want to set world spawn, teleport, or set time or weather using nice menus. So the MineCraft app on my iPad is definitely able to do these things.

But none of that is there when I leave my local world and connect to my PocketMine server. Do I need plugins to show coords and teleport?

And if I do need a bunch of plugins to make PocketMine do what the iPad already does, is poggit.pmmp.io the place to go? Is there a standard plugin that makes PocketMine do what iOS Minecraft does?

Ta,
    Brendan.

#1 Brendan T White, May 2, 2019
    Last edited: May 2, 2019
  2. Kevin L

Kevin L Support Coordinator
    Administrator

Hey Brendan!

This is indeed the correct place to download and get PocketMine plugins:
    https://poggit.pmmp.io/plugins

PocketMine use to have an enable-cheats feature. I'm not sure if they still do, but I'd love to test this.

Can you private message me with your server's IP address and your MCProHosting account email?
    I can use this information to look up your account and assist you further!

We look forward to hearing back from you!

Best Regards,
    Kevin L.

3. Brendan T White

Thanks @Kevin L , I have messaged you my server IP and email.

4. Kevin L

Administrator

Hey Brendan!

PocketMine is a bit different from regular Bedrock Edition and I believe this is why commands are different.

For displaying coordinates, I would recommend this plugin:
    https://poggit.pmmp.io/p/VanillaCoordinates/1.0.0

PocketMine does support the /tp command.
    You'll likely need permission to fully access this command.

You can either give yourself Op by using this guide, or you can use a permissions plugin and give players access to this permission:
    pocketmine.command.teleport

If you decide to try a permissions plugin, I would recommend this plugin for PocketMine:
    https://poggit.pmmp.io/p/PurePerms/1.4.2-c2a

Just like Spigot and Bukkit, PocketMine plugins are also installed within the plugins folder.
    After installation, restart your server to load any installed plugins.

Please try that and if you experience any issues, let us know and we would love to help!

Best Regards,
    Kevin L.

5. Brendan T White

Thanks, I’ll give that a try.

6. Brendan T White

Thanks @Kevin L , I have now got tp and coords working for all users.

One last question if I may - where can I find a list of all the permissions in PocketMine, and what they do?

When I set myself to op I can use a cute menu thingy in the chat when I hit the / key. But when I'm not op that isn't there. And I don't want to make my kids op but I would like to give them that menu if I can.

Is there a place I can see all the perms?

Ta!

Brendan.

7. Kevin L

Administrator

Hey Brendan!

Great question!
    PocketMine does not make it easier to read and find the permissions, but you can find all of them here:
    https://github.com/PocketMine/Pocke.../pocketmine/permission/DefaultPermissions.php

Just as an example, if you go through that document you'll see sections like this:
    $broadcasts = self::registerPermission(new Permission(self::ROOT . ".broadcast", "Allows the user to receive all broadcast messages"), $parent);

This actually the broadcast permission. You'll see ".broadcast". To make that an actual permission node, you would add PocketMine in front of that like this:
    pocketmine.broadcast

If you need any help locating a specific permission, please let me know and I would love to help!

Best Regards,
    Kevin L.