Introducing the New MCProHosting Mobile App!

Discussion in 'News' started by TylerD, Feb 3, 2017.

By TylerD on Feb 3, 2017 at 6:25 PM
  1. TylerD

TylerD General Manager
    Administrator

Best Answers:
    [​IMG]

We all understand how valuable control is when it comes to your Minecraft server. Having the ability to fully manage and monitor your server’s performance and function is essential for every dedicated Minecraft server owner.

Everyone on the MCProHosting Team is excited to announce that we have launched our own mobile application - available for Android and iOS devices!

The app provides you direct access to our incredible custom panel allowing you to take server control every place you go. The app in no way limits your server control, you are still able to access and modify everything as you would on our website.

You can easily download the application by visiting either mcph.info/Apple and mcph.info/Android, or simply search MCProHosting in your phone’s app store.​

• Agree Agree x 1

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by TylerD, Feb 3, 2017.

1. FloatingLeafMC
      FloatingLeafMC
      I can't see any options to access the console (android).
    2. jjspider
      jjspider
      Could there be a possible feature for accessing the community forums?
    3. Kevin M
      Kevin M
      I believe that's already possible when you go to the MCProHosting home page.
    4. joker15x
      joker15x
      I meant from the console app.
    5. Callumtroy
      Callumtroy
      Thank you so much MCPH you got my server even easier to manage and watch :D
    6. Kevin M
      Kevin M
      I thought jjspider said that though?
    7. ChrisC
      ChrisC
      Some things i found if you rotate the screen you gain the Chat, Console, etc tabs but if you rotate it back it request you to login again. @TylerD
    8. Questwizard
      Questwizard
      This is definitely nice to have for quick console access on the go (mobile browsers don't work well at all with the web console), if only it would let me use it. I get the spinning circle for a couple seconds, then the login page blinks in for a split second, then it gets overwritten with a fullscreen error saying I don't have an internet connection. I have an internet connection, and tried both wifi & LTE. This is on a Nexus 6P running stock Android 7.0.

EDIT: I've figured out the problem. The app forces you to allow Google Analytics, which is a BIG no-no. If it can't contact the GA servers, it locks you out of the app saying you don't have a connection. There's no easy way around this other than allowing it, which is something I'm not going to do. I guess I won't be using the app after all.

@TylerD Unfortunately it also has left me no choice but to file a "harmful to device or data" objection with Google Play due to this and the fact that there's no privacy policy in sight. Its not as big of an issue within a web browser, where I can still access everything with all tracking beacons blocked, but its inexcusable for a mobile app to do this.
      Last edited: Feb 25, 2017