PENDING Lightning and High Latency

Discussion in 'Help Desk' started by Heidi, Jul 3, 2019.

1. Heidi

Heidi New Member

My server worked perfectly for a couple of weeks, but recently I started having these two problems:

1. Starting a few days ago: Every single time I connect and spawn, I hear loud thunder and go outside of my house to see four of five forest fires burning down the birch forest I'm in. It's never raining, and the thunder sound is immediate upon logging on and fades right away. The fires seem to start in the same spots, almost like the server is stuck in that moment in time whenever I spawn.

2. Starting yesterday: What I'm guessing is really high latency. I can barely walk forward ten blocks when the game pulls me backward like it never happened. Other actions like eating and crafting are similarly delayed, and the game is pretty much unplayable at this point.

I have a great ethernet connection and have no latency or resource issues with any other games. I can even turn the graphics all the way up on Dead by Daylight and Overwatch and experience zero issues.

2. Kevin L

Kevin L Support Coordinator
    Administrator

Hey Heidi!

1) It sounds like a player may have setup lighting to strike at those points.
    Depending on your specific server type, there are mods and plugins out there that can do this.

If this problem is still occurring, please reach out to our support team through a ticket or our Live Chat and we can help!

2) The high latency makes me think there may be an issue with your server's node.
    I would also recommend including this in your ticket or Live Chat chat as they can investigate your server's node for any issues.

We look forward to hearing from you and we will do our best to ensure this is fully fixed!

Best Regards,
    Kevin L.