Logging on help.

Discussion in 'Help Desk' started by andrivard4, Aug 12, 2015.

1. andrivard4

andrivard4 New Member

It happens every time the moment I join anytime of the day, so either someone needs to get a life or its an error xD. Ill make a ticket for it with the MCPH staff to see what they have to say about it but thanks so much for the attempt! :D

2. ChrisC

ChrisC Forum Moderator

Can u check in control panel Advanced then Commands. Anything with argument Test

3. andrivard4

andrivard4 New Member

Nope.

4. Ellie

Ellie Active Member

@andrivard4 @TechGGaming It is odd but definitely something automated. A human could never send the message on the exact millisecond of the player logging on, or if they did that'd just be luck. As you are using a snapshot version of Spigot, it is still a beta version and they could have been having problems with something when a player logs in so they hardcoded it to whisper to the player. Try going down a version and see if it still works. (If something is hardcoded it cannot be changed or modified without going into the files and removing it). Just a thought though, be sure to make a backup prior to downgrading if you choose to follow this. Good luck :)

~DomThePotato

5. ChrisC

ChrisC Forum Moderator

I wouldnt thought that it be a issue with Spoigot 1.8.8 as i also use the same version and not getting this issue. As we both said something must be Automated and activates on a onPlayerJoinEvent to have to do that, but since you removed all the plugins, it become a default minecraft and nothing can do a automated messages, only Commandblocks but its disabled too. It this connected to a Bungee?

Can you possibly PM me a Ip to the server, i like to see in game whats going. If you need to add me to whitelist names: TechGGaming

6. Gregin

Gregin Member

Essentials TeamCity is not by the original essentials team, therefore it could have new features, like a messaging system that just says "test" until configured in file. It will be in a directory similar to "plugins/teamcity/config.yml". Also, make sure to have essentials chat installed, that should fix all of these joining messages. With essentials chat you can easily customize your own join/leave message and everything else to do with chat like color/format.

Spigot also has a couple of versions of essentials, I recommend using essentials-2.0.1 as it is fully stable and up to date for ALL 1.8+ versions

7. ChrisC

ChrisC Forum Moderator

@Gregin But removing all Plugins and this still is happening?

8. Gregin

Gregin Member

HOLD UP. DOES YOUR MOTD SAY "TEST"??. To check, go to your motd file. To see if it is the motd, do /motd in-game and if it says "Test" then you have found the cause and the solution. Just change or disable the motd. Easy fix, if not, read on.

When I first installed essentials, I installed the entire pack including GeoIP and XXMPP. The geoIP also has a login message along with essentials chat.

9. Ellie

Ellie Active Member

Essentials TeamCity is the 1.8 version of essentials provided by Spigot. And it runs off the same config. There really is not much difference at all.

~DomThePotato

10. ChrisC

ChrisC Forum Moderator

If you read the log it say Me whistered {playername} test
    This is not a Motd, a motd downst use /tell or /w to deliver the message to the player. Plus she did same she started the server with no plugins and still happened. So how can this be a plugin or Essentials?

@andrivard4 are you using the default 1.8 - 1.8.8 minecraft Client? no mods etc? Does this only appear for you or other please too?

11. andrivard4

andrivard4 New Member

@TechGGaming
    It currently only happens to me but has happened to one other, it stoped for him though. And I tried it with regular mc client and my optfine client and no change. Also I don't think a client can run a command through console.

12. Gregin

Gregin Member

The motd comes with the basic mcph control panel, without plugins.

13. ChrisC

ChrisC Forum Moderator

@Gregin Thats the one it the server.Properties, this controls what you see before you login.

[​IMG]
    This one?​