SERVER SUGGESTION Much NEEDED updates to the console

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by JHarris12345, Apr 15, 2019 at 3:20 PM.

1. JHarris12345

JHarris12345 New Member

I have a few suggestions that would solidify my urge to stay with the panel. I have recently moved over from a different hoster (not naming names) due to their support inadequacy. However, what I got there with the panel and not here is making me on the fence as I have to consider some trade-offs. Here are my suggestions:

1) The console needs to show player commands. I want to be able to monitor what is going on on my server live from my phone and on my computer screen without having to use a logging plugin in game to look up their commands. It is long and unnecessary to block it. I understand if people may not want to be spammed with commands in their console but perhaps an option to toggle it or only show commands in the chat section. Either way, this is needed.

2) Colour coded chat in the console. It would be great if the chat by players in console, uses the same colour codes as in game. I had a previous hoster that allowed you to turn on and off console colours with a button

3) Give the tasks section the ability to write your OWN commands. I appreciate you give a lot, but you don't give server specific ones I want. For example, the citiznes plugin is errored so skins reset on NPCs sometimes. In my old panel, I had a command run every 5 minutes of /citizens reload which would fix this. Similarly, I had commands run every so often to unload unused chunks. That really helped with my TPS which is currenty always below 10.

2. Kevin L

Kevin L Client Relations Coordinator
    Administrator

Hey JHarris12345!

Fantastic suggestions!
    I would like to address your first suggestion.

1) Regarding the suggestion to include player commands in console, unfortunately, console does not normally display player commands and there currently isn't an option to enable this. You are able to use plugins to track player commands.

I often recommend either of these plugins:
    https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/coreprotect.8631/
    https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/commandwatcher.5011/

CommandWatcher is a basic command watching plugin that would allow you to monitor player commands with /cw.
    CoreProtect logs and stores command data into logs, allowing you to look up exactly what commands a player used.

2) For color coded chat, I know that plugins such as Essentials can work with this in our console. When a player types in chat once Essentials and groups are setup, their full colored prefix and name will appear in console when they talk.

3) This is another great suggestion!
    I will ensure this is passed along to our team!

If you have any further suggestions, please let us know! :)

Best Regards,
    Kevin L.