My plan is to run an FTB unstable 1.10.2, but I would like to ask a couple of questions.

Discussion in 'System Administration' started by Siddyf, Sep 13, 2016.

1. Siddyf

Siddyf New Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,

So I was looking to turn my server into an "ftb 1.10.2 unstable" one. Now, the mod dev is not supporting it yet so I have to turn the client version into a server version (which does not appear difficult). The problem(s) I begin to run into are where to put this within my mcprohost ftp file access and how to generate a new map with the mod, because as I see it right now, these are things I can only modify through the webpage, i.e. picking your mod/vanilla, or generating a new map. Am I wrong? Any Ideas ? Thank you.

Edit: After some more reaserch on this: I believe what I need to do is install both MinecraftForge and then the "un-cliented" files of the FTB 1.10.2 as a custom jar and then use the custom jar change the type of game I'm looking to set up. Anyone have feedback?

#1 Siddyf, Sep 13, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2016
  2. Firestar311

Firestar311 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hello, I am surprised no one else has replied to this thread.

Here is what you do. First you go to files.minecraftforge.net. Since you are running 1.10.2, the default page that loads is what you need. After loading the page, click on the download for the installer part.
    [​IMG]

Create an empty folder on the desktop called "Forge server" or something like that and run the installer. Then you click on "Install server" checkbox and browse to the folder on your desktop. Then click OK
    [​IMG]

This will download the necessary files to run a Forge server for 1.10.2.
    Then using a FTP client (WinSCP or FileZilla) upload the files in the folder on your desktop to the server. For example, the files that was downloaded for me are below.The upload should be to the base directory of your server when you login
    [​IMG]

I suggest renaming the forge-1.10.2... to something like forge.jar.
    Then in your control panel, set your custom Jar setting to whatever you renamed your forge jar file. (I do not have a server on MCPH's Multicraft to show you this step).
    Run the Minecraft server and it will generate the other files and folders it needs and then you can upload your mods/config folders to teh server. Make sure you remove the client-side only mods.

If you need any further assistance, reply to this thread and @tag me or quote me so that I receive a notification.

Note: I do not know if anything has been update to 1.10.2 to also run Bukkit plugins along-side Forge.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Siddyf

Siddyf New Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you for this.

4. Firestar311

Firestar311 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You are welcome. If you need additional help, just let me know

• Like Like x 1
  5. Siddyf

Siddyf New Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,

I know you've seen my post regarding setting up an FTB unstable server 1.10.2. I am really only doing this for fun or to see if I can. So there is this thread:

https://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/ftb-unstable-1-10-2-server-files.163162/

I think I am at the point where I need to take the client download:
    https://www.feed-the-beast.com/projects/ftb-unstable-1-10/files

and turn it into a server format.
    I have only seen one thread so far in how to do turn a client version and turn it into a server version, here:
    https://technicpack.zendesk.com/hc/...-to-create-a-server-for-your-Platform-modpack

Am I correct with this? You have any ideas? Thank you!

6. Siddyf

Siddyf New Member

Best Answers:
    So I wanted to say that I succeeded in creating a FTB unstable 1.10.2 . I want to point out something regarding my posts. Frankly they are nonsensical, however Firestar311 is correct and the first step in creating a working forge base mod pack.

#6 Siddyf, Sep 18, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2016