New Server

Discussion in 'Help Desk' started by captain_bullets, Feb 17, 2017.

1. captain_bullets

captain_bullets New Member

Best Answers:
    I am going to buy a new server later on today. I have around 35 plugins and need help picking what plan. I get around 3/4 players on and would like it to run smoothly. Any suggestions please ?

2. joker15x

joker15x Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Cap, I would recommend either the Iron plan or Gold plan for the amount of plugins you have and the players. You can always purchase the Unlimited Player Slots to have as many players as you wish if the default amount that comes with each plan is not enough.

3. captain_bullets

Best Answers:
    Thank you for the feed back but would i really need iron or gold if i get 4 players max ? Would coal be able to cope with my plugins or would i need a better plan ?
    Thanks for the response :)

4. joker15x

joker15x Member

Best Answers:
    Oh, I thought the 3/4 was a fraction. Meaning your last server was usually that full. With coal, it may make your server laggy with that amount of plugins. In that case, I would recommend Coal or Iron.

5. captain_bullets

Best Answers:
    Thank you so much for your help. I decided to get rid of useless plugins and am now down to 25-30 once again i really appreciate the help. :)

6. ChrisC

ChrisC Forum Moderator

Best Answers:
    Hey Captain, I would start with a Grass Plan with Spigot. Though you may have 25-30 plugins, not all plugin would be a heavy-weight. When you finish adding the plugins use the /Timings On and /Timings Paste command to check if the TPS is between 19.0 - 20.00 and none of the plugins causing lag from being unstable.

Purchase A Server

7. captain_bullets

Best Answers:
    Thanks i decided i will buy the stone plan but i was going to use bukkit because a lot of plugins i have are bukkit and only a few are spigot. I was wondering if i purchase the server on my laptop how i could use the control panel on my main account if it is possible? If so what do i use to login my minecraft name or my server name

#7 captain_bullets, Feb 18, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2017
  8. TylerD

TylerD General Manager
    Administrator

Best Answers:
    After the server is purchased you will receive a product welcome email that contains your numeric IP address and login information for you to use :). You will be able to use it on both your laptop and main computer/account.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Natogamestar

Natogamestar Member

Best Answers:
    hey tyler nice tosee you again its been 3 years since i last seen u

• Friendly Friendly x 1