PaperSpigot

Discussion in 'Help Desk' started by YaGot, Oct 20, 2015.

1. YaGot

YaGot Member

Hello! I'm currently building a factions server, and obviously since I'm using 1.8.8, I need a cannoning fix. I know that I can use PaperSpigot and set fixcannoning to true, however, I'm not familiar with PaperSpigot and how to install it. If anybody know, it would be very helpful to me. I was unable to find any decent tutorials. Is it a replacement for spigot or does it run with spigot? Does it require PaperTools? Even a download link to a stable 1.8.8 compatible version would be helpful.

2. zRA1Nz

zRA1Nz Member

Paper Spigot is an exact replacement of Spigot. Works in the same way, except for having some extra features such as that 1.7 cannon mechanics setting. You can simply take the paperspigot.jar and place it in your server directory. Then go to your control panel and click my server. Find the "Server Type" section where it displays the type you're using and click on change. switch it to spigot. On the server type just change it to Spigot and then go down to, "Change Jar Name" and change it to the name of the paperspigot.jar file. Lastly click on the, "Change Jar Name" button and it should apply. Reboot your server and it should be installed.

Now for finding a link for a download of paperspigot, I will try to search for one but unfortunately this is one of those things that you need to build yourself. I will be making a tutorial for this on my Youtube Channel in the near future. I'm sure if you spend enough time you may find what you're looking for but be careful of malicious downloads. Hopefully soon MCProHosting will have it in the version types so you don't have to build it yourself.

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. YaGot

YaGot Member

https://hub.spigotmc.org/stash/projects/PAPER/repos/paperspigot/browse
    From what I can see here, one requires PaperTools.jar to run PaperSpigot. Does that sound right? Also, would the download button in the top left be the correct download for PaperSpigot? I'm so glad to hear that it's simply a replacement for Spigot. I'm not 100% sure by what you mean when you say "you need to build yourself"? Is this like compiling a plugin? If so, I have never done this before. Could you possibly point me towards a tutorial for this? Do you know if there are other ways to fix cannoning in 1.8? I'm very thankful for your reply, and it will help quite a bit. The only problem I have at this point is finding a complete download for PaperSpigot that is compatible with 1.8.8. Again, thanks for the reply, I really hope to get cannoning fixed soon, as I'm nearing the completion and releasing of my server!

4. zRA1Nz

zRA1Nz Member

Yes, you need to compile the paperspigot.jar from the PaperSpigot.jar, you have downloaded from there. Seems very weird and confusing but yes thats how it works. From what I know that is the only way to actually allow 1.7 cannon mechanics in 1.8. I would just provide a link to the one I built but I feel they make you build it for legal reasons. It's not hard to do but it's also very confusing if you don't have any experience with Git or Maven. Any tutorial that teaches you how to build the regular spigot.jar from the BuildTools.jar would help. Of course you would have to switch out the line you use with "java -jar PaperTools.jar". To build it you need the following: Maven, Git, and Java JDK 7/8.

Here a tutorial on BuildTools:

In the future I will be posting my own tutorials on my channel for everything you would need learn for running servers.

• Like Like x 1
  5. zRA1Nz

zRA1Nz Member

If my interview goes well and if you still need help with this tomorrow. I'll try record a tutorial on this and upload as soon as possible so that you and others can learn how to get 1.7 tnt mechanics.

6. YaGot

YaGot Member

You're the best! I'll take a closer look at this tomorrow --- thanks!

7. zRA1Nz

zRA1Nz Member

Recorded 3 15-20min long videos on this subject... and failed massively, here goes my 4th attempt.
    1st: forgot to show one step
    2nd: downloaded the wrong version of maven
    3rd: Nailed it but my mic was off.... sad life...

8. zRA1Nz

zRA1Nz Member

Ok, 4th attempt went alright, video has been rendered and uploaded.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. YaGot

YaGot Member

http://tcpr.ca/paperspigot
    You are beauitful....I will check this out in a sec, but thanks a lot for doing this. It means so much. A++ :D

• Like Like x 1
  10. YaGot

YaGot Member

I checked out the video, and it looks very useful....But I use a Mac (hence one of the reasons why I'm using MCProHosting). Nonetheless, I've tried many compiling PaperSpigot using your tutorial, but I'm unable to. I've tried using other tutorials, but there aren't any that explain how to accomplish this with MCPH. I eventually decided to using a precompiled download from Yive's Mirror, but it didn't give me the option for "fixcannoning". I'm very stuck and confused, and I hope to release my server by tomorrow - this is the last thing I need to do! Is there any chance you could upload your PaperSpigot.jar to mediafire and link it to me? If not, that's fine, I can still release my server with a plugin that buffs TNT such as http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/realistictnt/ ~ I really appreciate the tutorial and all the help you've given me so far, thank you so much.

11. YaGot

YaGot Member

Boost because I really need to install PaperSpigot :(

12. zRA1Nz

zRA1Nz Member

I see you really need this so for you I uploaded a compiled paperspigot to mediafire.
    https://www.mediafire.com/?btew36t2b6sa601

Disclaimer: Keep in mind any downloads could contain a virus, so please download at your own risk.

*Note for Mods/Admins of MCPH Forums*
    If this is not allowed, please let me know before I get a bad rep.

@TylerD Could you guys add PaperSpigot to the MCPH Control Panel so people don't have to compile it themselves?

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. YaGot

YaGot Member

You, sir, are a life saver. Thank you so much <333 I can't tell you enough how absolutely helpful you have been for me.

• Like Like x 1
  14. TylerD

TylerD CEO

We will be more than happy to look into adding this to our server type :) I personally have been hearing a lot about this executable and have sent it over to the proper locations for review.

15. YaGot

YaGot Member

Would be very helpful to those interested in creating a factions server. Hope it gets added ;)