PENDING Player Count and Teleports

Discussion in 'Help Desk' started by Skyattack, Mar 16, 2017.

1. Skyattack

Skyattack New Member

Best Answers:
    Hi, I'm setting up a server for a psychological experiment as part of my Master's (looking at ways to measure personality through behaviour in games), and had a couple of questions, one specific to MCProhosting and one more general that I can't work out from general searching.

1) When it says 'player count' on the server plans does it mean concurrent or total? I'm trying to get 120 people, but don't expect mroe than 10 at a time, so it's quite a difference.

2) I know you can make a lobby which teleports people into a specific part of the world, but is there any way to make one where each teleport point turns off after being used? The idea is to have 120 instances of the experiment 'map' on the map, and since going through it changes it, have each new person go to an unused one.

Thanks!

2. Kevin M

Kevin M Active Member

Best Answers:
    The player count is the total. This is adjustable and can be set to infinite (or any custom value) if you purchase the Unlimited Players addon (shown when going through the process of purchasing a server). If you choose to have the Dragon plan, that addon will not be necessary.

I'm not exactly sure if this is a current Bukkit / Spigot plugin but this may require custom development or tweaking of the plugin code. Ask a developer on Bukkit or Spigot about this.

3. Firestar311

Firestar311 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    @Skyattack I am a Bukkit/Spigot plugin developer.
    From what I have seen, there is no current plugin that I am aware of that does this. However, it would be rather simple to make.
    You can post here on the Bukkit Forums to see if you can get a dev to do it for free, or here on the Spigot forums. Developers on the Spigot forums might require a small payment though.

4. Skyattack

Skyattack New Member

Best Answers:
    Great, thanks for the quick replies and links!