RESOLVED Please help me, this is runing my server.

Discussion in 'Help Desk' started by RocksDoMinecraft, Sep 30, 2015.

1. RocksDoMinecraft

RocksDoMinecraft New Member

Best Answers:
    So my server was doing great. it was 1.7.10. we decided to make it 1.8, so we downloaded all the files, put them on a test server and converted everything to 1.8
    It was all great, the server runs 1.8 great. However, when people join, they get stuck in some stone that to my knoledge is under spawn. They cant see much chat, and after that over, there is luge lag spikes. Im guessing it all it because of lag. It says im getting 20 tps in /lag, and i have clearlag to keep things cleaned. Please help me figure out the lag. If this doesnt fix, im probably going to delete my server.

2. ChrisC

ChrisC Forum Moderator

Best Answers:
    I find that world previously was or generated by 1.7 server it creates lag on a 1.8 server. I say tgis is effecting your server. I believe the only way to fix it id a new world(s) or refer back to 1.7.10

3. RocksDoMinecraft

Best Answers:
  4. ChrisC

ChrisC Forum Moderator

Best Answers:
    Can you send a timing report of your server?

Do
    Restart server and do
    Send the url it gives you and we may able to see what fully happening

5. RocksDoMinecraft

Best Answers:
    yea ill do that. Edit: I did /timongs on, restarted and when i did /timings paste it said to enable timings with /timings on. do i have to restart?

6. ChrisC

ChrisC Forum Moderator

Best Answers:
    Try do it without restart. I forgot it turns off on restarts

7. RocksDoMinecraft

Best Answers:
    I turned it on, reloged a few times since thats when most of the lag happens, and waited a minute. Heres the url: http://timings.aikar.co/?url=12638385
    Also, i went through all my plugins and none of them seem to be causing it. I have 3 worlds, daworld (main), World, and testworld. 3 is probably too many but i dont think that would be causing it.

8. ChrisC

ChrisC Forum Moderator

Best Answers:
    Timings looks normal. I think it will be the world. I have transfered 3 servers to 1.8+ from 1.7 and they all have lag for 1 or 2 mins on logging.

9. RocksDoMinecraft

Best Answers:
    Ok. Will it work if i copy my spawn with worldedit and paste it on a 1.8 world? Thanks.

10. ChrisC

ChrisC Forum Moderator

Best Answers:
    Can be worth a try, I havn't tryed that yet but if you do please let me know if it works :D

Thanks, @RocksDoMinecraft
    Cheers

11. TylerD

TylerD CEO
    Administrator

Best Answers:
    A possible solution if you are noticing players are simply getting stuck in the spawn would be to head over to the original spawn point and then fly up a few blocks and set your spawn in the air to prevent any clipping.

12. RocksDoMinecraft

Best Answers:
    yea i will try that. i hevent got stuck in any blocks recently butbthe lag is the bigest issue

13. TylerD

TylerD CEO
    Administrator

Best Answers:
    About how many plugins are you running on your server, and what plan are you currently running?

Since the average TPS seems to be 20 as you stated this may not be a lag issue directly relating to the server entirely. About how many Frames per second do you receive? Is this "Lag" only is a specific area on the server?

14. RocksDoMinecraft

Best Answers:
    I have about 20 plugins and many of them are light weight. Im running whichever plan has 1gb of ram (I think stone). My pc isnt the greatest, on any server including mine i get an average of 40 fps. In 100% idea conditions i get around 120. The lag happens when i either join or tp to a world, so i guess you could say it only happens at spawn, but if i moved the spawn point im sure it would still lag.

15. TylerD

TylerD CEO
    Administrator

Best Answers:
    Do you have large structures built within the spawn? I have also noticed "Lag" when joining servers on 1.8 but only experienced issues within the spawn. If you have not already troubleshooted the available topics I highly recommended trying to replicate the issue and then move outside of the spawn area to see if the issue persists.

16. RocksDoMinecraft

Best Answers:
    The spawn itself is medium sized, ive had spawns much larger without a problem.

17. RocksDoMinecraft

Best Answers:
    I pasted my 1.7 spwn into a 1.8 world, and after a little terriforming it seems to be working.

18. RocksDoMinecraft

Best Answers:
    Thanks everybody for the help, i dont seem to have this problem anymore. If you have this problem, then paste your 1.7 stuff into a 1.8 world. it has worked great.

19. ChrisC

ChrisC Forum Moderator

Best Answers:
    Thats great that it worked. Will let others know if i come across this question. I dont know why when keep on the old 1.7 world to 1.8 server to why the server lags. It might be due to the block changes.

20. RocksDoMinecraft

Best Answers:
    Yea it removed about 50% of the lag, im upgrading my server because i believe the other 50% is from not enough ram.