Plugin Help

Discussion in 'Mods & Plugins' started by POncho, Dec 2, 2018.

1. POncho

POncho New Member

Im looking for someone that is experienced with setting up MC servers with plugins that can show me how to do this. Looking for someone that can hop in discord and show me the ways i need help with essentialsX as well as other plugins. pretty much just overall help with my server. you can comment here or add me on discord Papalito#0001

2. Kevin L

Kevin L Client Relations Coordinator
    Administrator

Hi Poncho!

Unfortunately, we are not able to provide one-on-one assistance through Discord, but I would love to help you with any plugin questions you may have!

What issues are you having with EssentialsX? Are you having issues with any other plugins?
    If you can explain your issues, we would love to help you further!

Best Regards,
    Kevin L.

3. POncho

POncho New Member

i just need help with setting up essentialsX like making ranks giving myself admin on essentialsX. Helping me with what are the main plugins i should have on my server so it runs well like getting rid of lag and dropped items

4. Kevin L

Administrator

Hey Poncho!

We would love to help you!
    For ranks, EssentialsX actually does not support setting up groups/permissions. You'll need to use a permissions plugin for this, such as PermissionsEx or Group Manager.

I would highly recommend taking a look at this guide, which recommends essential server plugins to help you with setting up your server!
    Once you decide on a permissions plugin you would like to use, respond with that plugin's name and we can provide you with a guide for that plugin!

Best Regards,
    Kevin L.

5. POncho

POncho New Member

ok so i added Group manager, Permissionsex, essentialsX and Essentials, world edit , world guard, vault and clearlagg for now

6. Kevin L

Administrator

Hi Poncho!

Group Manager and PermissionsEx are both permissions plugins. You can only have one permissions plugin on a server at a time. Please decide which permissions plugin you would like to use, and then remove the other.

Here is a guide for both plugins, depending on which one you decide to continue using:

PermissionsEx Tutorial
    Group Manager Tutorial

If you have any further questions, please let us know and we will do our best to help you!

Best Regards,
    Kevin L.