Plugin Request Forum

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Firestar311, Mar 16, 2017.

1. Firestar311

Firestar311 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have noticed that clients want to request plugins, and there are a good amount of plugin developers here.
    I know that Spigot and Bukkit have request forums, however both of these places require that the plugins be made in a way that everyone can use them. How about having it so that clients of MCPH can request a plugin be made by the other plugin devs on these forums, without that requirement and allow it to be tailored to what the requester needs?

And maybe a banner for plugin developers that is like "Verified Plugin Developer"?

2. Kevin M

Kevin M Active Member

Best Answers:
    This idea has some cons, in which I will specify:
    • Not lots will request here when they can just go to Bukkit for a plugin to be made
    • MCPH Forums isn't as popular as Bukkit, so more attention is going there thus making a Plugin Request forum would be sort of unnecessary. This is refers back to the first reason.
    • I am currently unsure of this but my friend tells me Bukkit developers are paid by the website for people downloading their plugins, which is one reason plugin developers would go to Bukkit (may not be true but I've heard it is)
    • The "Verified Plugin Developer" banner would be unnecessary as well pointing out anyone can code a plugin, so making them that position or applying the banner to every single user who codes a plugin is a bit too much work for forum administrators having to manually apply it to several members.
    The pros are self-explanatory (as explained in the first post)

Yes, there are plugin developers on MCPH, but say someone named "Bob" was a plugin developer. It wouldn't be necessary to be on the Plugin Request forum when Bukkit has more forum activity.

3. joker15x

joker15x Active Member

Best Answers:
    So @Firestar311, your suggesting someone can request a custom plugin for their server only? Another con is that some developers have a price for their services, and not all servers are willing to pay $100 for a custom plugin that another plugin already made for free for the public could do.

4. Kevin M

Kevin M Active Member

Best Answers:
    He is mainly addressing only for the developers that do free work to make plugins in a virtual Plugin Request form on MCPH forums.