Regarding the server

Discussion in 'Help Desk' started by Roxasrr, Jul 24, 2015.

1. Roxasrr

Roxasrr New Member

Hey i have a question. I have a server up and running perfectly now and have been playing with my friends so far. But we feel kinda sad, that we wasted our time on the constructions in our single player worlds and can't use them in the server.

I would like to know if it's possible to get one of or single player maps into the server. As in all the constructions we have there, appear on the online server

2. jacksharkben

jacksharkben Well-Known Member

3. Roxasrr

Roxasrr New Member

Ok now i'd like to know how to do that ! Also does the server need to be a Bukkit server, instead of Standart Minecraft like it says in the control panel for me to install/use plugins and mods ?

4. jacksharkben

jacksharkben Well-Known Member

so you want a 1.8.7 server with no mods and have a map on it

5. Roxasrr

Roxasrr New Member

The opposite!! I want a 1.8.7 minecraft server with plugins and mods !

And yes have one of my maps on it !

6. Ellie

Ellie Active Member

@Roxasrr I do believe that currently isn't possible. The latest version of Cauldron (Spigot + Forge) only is 1.7.10.

But you can check it out anyways: http://tcpr.ca/cauldron. Good luck :)

7. Roxasrr

Roxasrr New Member

@DomThePotato Yeah i've already been told that you can't get plugins and mods! So lets forget the mods and just focus on the plugins.
    Can i have pluggins on my standart 1.8.7 minecraft server or does my server have to be a Bukkit server?

8. Ellie

Ellie Active Member

@Roxasrr Yes. Either using the MPH server jar changer thingy which can be found on your control panel under your ip or download on externally and upload it. http://tcpr.ca/spigot

9. Roxasrr

Roxasrr New Member

So I just changed the server to a Spigot 1.8.7, and sucessfully installed the plugin, but now i can't give myself OP status!!
    On the standard 1.8.7 minecraft server I just had to go to the console on the webside and type the command /op Roxasrr, to give myself OP status ingame, but now that it's a spigot server, that command doesn't work anymore !! How do I fix this ?

10. TylerB

TylerB Active Member

Don't use the slash in the console. Use this command:
    Code:
    op Roxasrr

11. GBedUK

GBedUK Member

The best 1.8 server IS Standard Minecraft if it is a Air, Dirt or Grass plan, or most Air Dirt or Grass plans shouldn't go into 1.8, and stay on 1.7.
    BUT, I have a grass server, and it works just fine on Spigot 1.8.7.
    :D

12. GBedUK

GBedUK Member

And if you need help ingame @Roxasrr, I have experience in plugins, so im happy to help at any time!

13. Roxasrr

Roxasrr New Member

@GBedUK Thx m8 that helped alot !
    Now i still got a problem. I'm currently OP so i can break/build, do whatever in the server, but people who aren't OP can't do anything if I don't give them OP. How do I give them permission to break and build blocks without giving them OP status ?

14. GBedUK

GBedUK Member

Well @Roxasrr, if you run on Essentials, go to your FTP File Access, go to plugins, then you may find something like EssentialsProtect or EssentialsBuild. Or if not, click on Essentials and you SHOULD find EssentialsProtect or EssentialsBuild, then click the tick box on the left hand side and click Delete. This should allow people to build and mine.
    If you want something protected, I suggest you download WorldGuard.
    WorldGuard can be found in the BukGet Plugins, or you can download it off Bukkit or Spigot!
    :) I hope I helped!

• Like Like x 1
  15. GBedUK

GBedUK Member

If you require any more assistance, join me at sublim.mcph.eu
    :)

16. Roxasrr

Roxasrr New Member

All i see when i go to FTP File acess, and then the plugin tabs is Commom Essentials, Common_Essentials, PluginMetrics and CommonEssentials_v0.0.2. jar.

Nothing about Essentials Build or Essentials Protect :3

17. ChrisC

ChrisC Forum Moderator

18. TylerB

TylerB Active Member

Remove Common_Essentials. It's not the same as Essentials.

19. GBedUK

GBedUK Member

Well, @Roxasrr, if you got Essentials from BukGet Plugin, I suggest getting it from http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/essentials/files/217-essentials-2-13-1/ If you are on Bukkit or from https://hub.spigotmc.org/jenkins/job/Spigot-Essentials/ if you are on Spigot.
    I suggest using Google Chrome to download them, then go to plugins in FTP File Access and click Upload and drag the plugins into the area, and make sure it is .jar, if it is .zip then click on the left and click Unzip. Then restart your server :)