Server completed deleted, wiped, reset

Discussion in 'Help Desk' started by Arienn, Aug 14, 2015.

1. Arienn

Arienn New Member

Last night a friend and I were messing around on the server, just building and doing general things when the server totally locked up, then booted us both. I could not connect to it for about 20 mins after. Said it was an old server, then just couldn't connect.

I went into my control panel and had to press "Start" for some reason it has stopped. When we logged back on everything was gone, EVERYTHING.
    I run a standard/vanilla server with no pluggins.

Is there anyway to get it back? (no, I didn't make a backup, like an idiot it never crossed my mind)
    What did I do wrong that would cause this, so I can make sure I don't do it again?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ellie

Ellie Active Member

@Arienn Um. That is not a normal thing for any console to do, home hosted or whatever. Do you have any logs saved? To find logs check your webFTP and return the log where it kicked you and 'locked up'. Also does anyone else have acess to your console that you know off or you may have shared your password with? And if you didn't make a backup of any kind there is no way to recover it sadly.

~DomThePotato

3. jacksharkben

jacksharkben Well-Known Member

If you don't have a backup it is vary hard to get is back most of the time if you don't make a backup you really can't get your server things back.

4. Ellie

Ellie Active Member

@jacksharkben *You can't get your previous server files back. Sorry.

~DomThePotato

5. Arienn

Arienn New Member

I found the log file, but what program do I open it with?

6. Ellie

Ellie Active Member

Download it, extract it, take the .log file then paste it to http://pastebin.com and return the URL provided in your URL box. :)

~DomThePotato

7. Arienn

Arienn New Member

Hi,
    Okay, so I'm not totally stupid, but I'm struggling. You've been so helpful, I don't want to frustrate you. So I downloaded the file, but it's not zipped, and when I try to open it to paste it....my computer is asking me what file to open it up with. Help?

8. Ellie

Ellie Active Member

Do you have WinRar? If not you can download it from here.You can use it extract and compress files and much more but you just need to extract.

~DomThePotato

9. Arienn

Arienn New Member

http://pastebin.com/iRaB03TJ

YAY! Got it!! Thank you for your help. Now, can you tell me what I did wrong to crash my server and delete everything?

10. Ellie

Ellie Active Member

Your server is overrun badly. What plan are you using and like do you have like 800 redstoneclocks running?

~DomThePotato

11. Arienn

Arienn New Member

I have their lowest plan, the one for 5 players. I thought it could handle 1-2 players....

I don't have any redstone clocks. I don't even know what those are. Why would it be overrun? I barely have anything on the server, I have a house, enchanting hut, and some animals. This is insane

12. Ellie

Ellie Active Member

http://prntscr.com/84p45c - It's running badly over time. Were you not experiencing any server lag during? Also it got so extreme it made the stop responding to itself.

~DomThePotato

13. Arienn

Arienn New Member

No I wasn't experiencing any lag. It was running great up to that point. Well, I guess MCProhosting can't handle my modest house and 10 farm animals with 2 players at a time....so I'll be looking elsewhere for a server.

14. Arienn

Arienn New Member

I'm sad that I lost everything I worked so hard on. It makes me not even want to play anymore. And its even worse that I didn't even do anything wrong and I don't know what I did to lose it all.

15. Ellie

Ellie Active Member

Well I'm very sorry to hear that but there is nothing anyone can do. I cannot force you to use this host so all I can do it wish you luck :). Once again I am sincerely sorry about your progress that was lost. :) Please don't take this in a sarcastic way, I mean it.

~DomThePotato

16. ChrisC

ChrisC Forum Moderator

Can you check if any ofthe old files still exist in th FTP file access? Worlds? As please send the /crash-reports/crash-2015-08-13_19.19.39-server.txt via www.pastebin.com

also it is good to try setup a restart schudale every 2-4hours. Is will help the server run smoother.

17. TylerB

TylerB Active Member

We offer a redundant backup system to perform weekly backups of all servers. Submit a ticket to general support if you want us to recover your old files.

• Like Like x 2
  18. ChrisC

ChrisC Forum Moderator

Thats a great feature TylerB. Nice work mcprohosting and TylerB. Hope she is still here :D

19. jacksharkben

jacksharkben Well-Known Member

Thats new