RESOLVED SPONGE PLUGINS PIXELMON

Discussion in 'Help Desk' started by Nick McLeod, Dec 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nick McLeod

Nick McLeod New Member

ME AND MY FRIEND HAVE JUST STARTED UP A NEW PIXELMON SERVER BUT NONE OF THE PLUGINS WOULD WORK BECAUSE CAULDRON AND BUKKIT DONT WORK. PLEASE SOMEONE TELL ME HOW I CAN INSTALL SPONGE TO WORK ON THIS HOST ;=;

2. ChrisC

ChrisC Forum Moderator

Hi Nick,

Thanks for contacting me. To install Sponge, Simply Install the Recommended 1.8 version of Forge on you Server by Following my instuctions below.

Downloads:

Step 1: [ Stop ] The server.
    Download Forge 1.8 to you Microsoft PC. - Forge 1.8 Download (Recommand)

Step 2: Run Forge.exe you just download and you will come upon a Install Window.
    Select Install Server then select [​IMG],
    [​IMG]

Then select Desktop and create a NewFolder and name it Forge.
    Click into Forge Folder you just created then go Open
    [​IMG]

Press Ok and let the files extract. When finish you should get a new window like this.
    [​IMG]

Step 3: Download Filezilla Client and install to you pc.
    These downloads will start 5 seconds after opening browser. Please don't click any Ad's

Step 4: When Filezilla has finish installing, Login to you Control Panel. Then on the SideBar go to Files then FTP File Access.

Go to [​IMG] to see your external FTP Details
    [​IMG]

Copy/paste the detail into FileZilla to login, then Click and drag the Files in Forge Folder to the Right-Side section to upload to server.
    [​IMG]

When finsh you will have these Files/Folder.
    [​IMG]

Step 5: Return to Mcprohosting FTP File Access and rename the Forge-1.8.0-xx.xx.xx.jar to custom.jar or custom18.jar for Pixelmon.
    [​IMG]

Step 6: Return to the Panel then select (Change Server Type). Go to Click to Change Jar Name and enter Custom.Jar or custom18.jar for Pixelmon
    [​IMG]
    Press Change Jar Name and [ Start ] the server.

After installing forge [ Stop ] the server, Then Download the Sponge-Dev.jar [​IMG]
    and place into the Mods Folder.

After you have placed Sponge into the Mods folder, Create a Plugins folder in the Root Directory. Then Downlod the plugins from Sponge and place them into the Plugins Folder. - Plugins

[ Start ] server. And ingame do
    to see if plugin works.

Note: If server fails to start, try Rename the Custom.jar to custom18.jar in the root directory via FTP (step5) and also the Change Server Jar Name (Step 6)

Hope this helps.

#2 ChrisC, Dec 27, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2015
  3. ChrisC

ChrisC Forum Moderator

Just to add to this If you are going to be running Pixelmon you most Preform th Note:
    Note: Rename the Custom.jar to Custom18.jar in the root directory via FTP (step5) and also the Change Server Jar Name (Step 6)

4. Nick McLeod

Nick McLeod New Member

27.12 20:49:54 [Server] INFO java.lang.RuntimeException: java.awt.HeadlessException:
    27.12 20:49:54 [Server] main/ERROR [LaunchWrapper]: Unable to launch
    27.12 20:49:53 [Server] INFO !! DO NOT REPORT !!
    27.12 20:49:53 [Server] INFO http://launcher.mojang.com/download/Minecraft-staging.dmg
    27.12 20:49:53 [Server] INFO If you are running OSX Lion (10.7) or newer, Please use the following launcher
    27.12 20:49:53 [Server] INFO Please, uninstall the old version first to prevent further issues.
    27.12 20:49:53 [Server] INFO visit https://java.com/download/ for the latest version.
    27.12 20:49:53 [Server] INFO If you are running Windows you can
    27.12 20:49:53 [Server] INFO Pixelmon requires Java 1.8 or newer, you are using 1.7.0_79.
    27.12 20:49:53 [Server] INFO !! DO NOT REPORT !!
    27.12 20:49:53 [Server] main/ERROR [FML]:

this is our problem?

5. MonstersPa

MonstersPa New Member

[QUOTE="Nick McLeod,
    27.12 20:49:53 [Server] INFO Pixelmon requires Java 1.8 or newer, you are using 1.7.0_79.
    this is our problem?[/QUOTE]

(my bold) This looks like your problem to me. Java needs updating

6. Nick McLeod

Nick McLeod New Member

(my bold) This looks like your problem to me. Java needs updating[/QUOTE]
    HOW?

7. MonstersPa

MonstersPa New Member

HOW?[/QUOTE]

wow ... follow the java download link in your post (#4) and run the Java install. Very simple.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Nick McLeod

Nick McLeod New Member

wow ... follow the java download link in your post (#4) and run the Java install. Very simple.[/QUOTE]

but its got to do with the server? i would think that the server wouldn't need me to update my own java? i've got a server running on mcprohosts thats why its on here?

9. MonstersPa

MonstersPa New Member

... beats me then. Sorry I couldn't help.

10. MonstersPa

MonstersPa New Member

Just so I'm clear. Have you always had a Forge server? If so then your local pc should also have identical (?) software. If you've just updated your Forge server have you also updated your local software (eg. Java).

11. Nick McLeod

Nick McLeod New Member

Its was all because of one Capital letter in Custom18.Jar. I put Custom18.jar and for some reason i had to put custom18.jar.

12. MonstersPa

MonstersPa New Member

lol ... bloody caps!

13. ChrisC

ChrisC Forum Moderator

Sorry if you had gone ahead with the reinstall before i had messaged you to change it to custom18.jar <No Caps>.

14. ChrisC

ChrisC Forum Moderator

Set as Thread as Resolved. Have locked Thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.