The beggining

Discussion in 'Community Knowledgebase' started by Ali.f, Dec 4, 2018.

1. Ali.f

Ali.f New Member

Hi everyone this is my first post here . I actually were looking for a guild for making a nice mc server . From begginers to pro . What should i do first? What should i learn ? Im playing Mc about 5 years and i want to make my own (idk bukkit or vannila or .... )idk . Plz help me and share me a thread or collection of threads that might help . Thank you

2. Ali.f

Ali.f New Member

And also i live in asia but im intrested to make an europ server (English) and also there is lots of mc players in my country. Should i make it an asia server and if i successed in servers then make it international?

3. Kevin L

Kevin L Client Relations Coordinator
    Administrator

Hey Ali.f!

Welcome and we're so happy to have you as a part of our forums!

I would recommend sitting down and figuring out exactly what you want for your server.

- Vanilla Minecraft would give you a pure Minecraft experience. No plugins. No mods. Just basic Minecraft.
    - CraftBukkit or the Spigot server type would allow your server to use Minecraft plugins to change up your server's experience. Plugins can be fantastic as they add commands and features to a server.
    - Then you have the Forge server type with mods, and then modpacks. Modpacks add brand new blocks, mobs, and generally overhaul the Minecraft experience completely. Forge/modpacks often require that you have the mods/modpack installed on your Minecraft client to be able to join a modded server.

Decide which server type you're most interested in, and then look into that server type and read more about it.
    Read about the specific features that server type supports, and even learn about those features.

For example, if you wanted to go with CraftBukkit/Spigot, it would be ideal to learn how to install plugins and how plugins work.

For your server's location, I would recommend starting out in Asia where you are located.
    If you find that you do not like this location, or that you would like to try a different one, MCProHosting can easily change your server's location(this would cause your server's numerical IP address to change). If you're interested in a location move, submit a ticket to our general support team for assistance!

Best Regards,
    Kevin L.

4. Ali.f

Ali.f New Member

Thank you so much i actually know how to install plugins . I actually made a server befor but never runned . And last question : wich version of Mc do you recommend and how to connect the lobby to game mods with bongy,..etc .

5. Kevin L

Kevin L Client Relations Coordinator
    Administrator

Hey Ali.f!

You're very welcome! :)
    It is entirely up to you which version you would like to run. Most plugins are up-to-date with the latest version of Minecraft, version 1.13.

To setup a BungeeCord network, you can follow our guide here.

If you have any further questions, please let us know!

Best Regards,
    Kevin L.

6. joker15x

joker15x Active Member

@Kevin L Your profile picture makes me feel uncomfortable and scared....

• Funny Funny x 1