Unexpected Error

Discussion in 'Help Desk' started by _Bal, Aug 27, 2015.

1. _Bal

_Bal Active Member

I was on my server, along with someone else, one of my friends. I was making a color shuffle arena, i used a worldedit command when my server mysteriously crashed. I tried to restart it multiple times, but failed. I removed color shuffle because it was the last thing that i installed before this crash happened. And it seemed to be crashing along the time when someone logs in, can anyone help??

2. TheMine Network

TheMine Network New Member

There is only 2 ways I know to fix this:
    1. Reboot your server
    2. Delete ALL the files on the server and start over

I hope it helps!

3. _Bal

_Bal Active Member

I am not aware of how to do either of these. I do not want to restart over from where I am now, but is there any other way to do it

4. TheMine Network

TheMine Network New Member

Ok...so if you wanna reboot it search that on good old trusty Google, but if you wanna delete everything go to change server type on multi craft, then change server type, then select what mod pack you want (it can be the same) then click the thing that says start fresh and then click change server type and you have it deleted

5. _Bal

_Bal Active Member

"Trusty google" can't always be relied on, cause in this case it didn't give me any good results...:mad:.

6. _Bal

_Bal Active Member

Also, could it be the world edit that I would have to reinstall???

7. jacksharkben

jacksharkben Well-Known Member

■■■■FIXED■■■■ I THINK

8. _Bal

_Bal Active Member

What? Ouh wait nvm, but it usually happened when I logged into it, or if any other player logged in it. And I'm not on my PC right now

9. KillerDealer

KillerDealer Member

Did you create backups? I use Filezilla to make the backups, and I do this at least once a week. I simply open Filezilla, connect to my server, then download every file, to a folder on my computer, called BackUp 8.27.15 ..... If you have a backup, then upload your backup.

I wouldn't want to restart the server, and that should be the last action you take, if all else fails.

10. _Bal

_Bal Active Member

Well"......I'm still very new, and don't really know how to make backups:oops:. Do I just download all the files on my FTP file access? Cause I have quite a lot

11. KillerDealer

KillerDealer Member

I'm new as well, so everything is a learning curve for me as well. :)

That's what Filezilla is, FTP file access. Basically I use Filezilla to download files (for the backups), and upload files, if needed to. I use McProHosting FTP file access, in the control panel, to only edit server files, such as config files for plugins.

You could use McProHosting File Access instead. Just click the box over the list of folders and files (to select everything at once), then click Zip, then download the Zip you just created.

12. Ellie

Ellie Active Member

It's most likely a chunk corruption, looking at little information but from the data that has been provided; you did a too bigger world edit operation and hence corrupted the chunk and now whenever you go in there it crashes. Corruption is infectious, it will corrupt other chunks if you keep logging on. There is an easy fix which is to delete the bad chunk but how do you know which is? The answer? You don't. You need a special program that runs through all the chunks to pick out the bad ones and then deletes it. I would provide a program I have on my PC but I do not have access to my PC at this current moment. And either can I find it on the web. So unless you find someone who can fix you, you will need to delete the world.

Hope this helped or shined more light on the problem.

~DomThePotato

13. _Bal

_Bal Active Member

I am familiar with corrupted chunks, but I only see it happened when a hacker came on my friends server. Plus, I have done much more bigger world edit projects compared to this one, this one was 868 block change from air to stone bricks. Also, when I came on, it kicked both me and my friend that was also on, and he wasn't in the chunk where I was doing the world edit block change.

14. Ellie

Ellie Active Member

Ok then, can you please provide a console log to http://pastebin.com so someone can check it out for you :)
    And when you were kicked did the server crash also?

~DomThePotato

15. _Bal

_Bal Active Member

What do you mean console log, couldn't I just add you to the server files like I did with @jacksharkben before?

And yes when I logged in the server did crash.

16. _Bal

_Bal Active Member

i have tried logging into it, and it did crash, but when killer logged into it, he was fine, so im thinking it is 100% a corrupted chunk at which @DomThePotato said. And i do have another world with the same spawn just not what everyone has built, so ill just replace it with a map

17. KillerDealer

KillerDealer Member

You changing maps?

I went to the left, and went over some mountains, and hills, and reached a desert. I didn't see the tower.

18. KillerDealer

KillerDealer Member

Tbh you're the only server, other than my own, that's in my multiplayer server list. I notice your pic says Wreckless Factions, so I decided to get on the server. I even got on last night, and didn't crashed.

19. Ellie

Ellie Active Member

It would only crash when you cane close neither for the server to attempt to render the chunk.
    And @_ShiningWizard_ if you wish, my multicraft name is DominicTheEpic7 (Made the account like 3 years ago).

~DomThePotato

20. _Bal

_Bal Active Member

Well I already replaced the map, with the same spawn and everything, only thing is that everything i added will have to be redone. thats the only down side, so ill do it over again