PENDING World wont load more than 10 chunks

Discussion in 'Help Desk' started by CLOUDY123, Dec 6, 2018.

1. CLOUDY123

CLOUDY123 New Member

Hello,

As the title states, from the control panel the maximum loading world size has been locked at 10 chunks and wont go higher. I do not have many people on my server and can afford for us all to load more chunks so it looks nice.

I tried to go through the server.properties file an increase it to 25 but it stays locked at 10.

How can I fix this?

2. Kevin L

Kevin L Client Relations Coordinator
    Administrator

Hi CLOUDY123!

To begin, I would like to mention that we do not recommend a view-distance higher than 10 on a server. A view-distance higher than 10 will cause your server to strain and begin to experience lag. You are able to change your view-distance above 10 though, and we would be happy to help you with this!

To change your view distance above 10:

1. Go on your server's control panel.
    2. On your control panel, click "Files" and then "FTP File Access".
    3. In your server's FTP, locate the server.properties file(if you're using Spigot, locate the spigot.yml file instead). Click to edit that specific file.
    5. In that file, locate the view-distance setting. You can manually increase the value of this setting to above 10 within this file.
    6. After making changes to that file, save and then restart your server.

Your server's view distance will then be above 10! If you find that your server is lagging, we would recommend lowering the view-distance.
    If you have any further questions or issues, please let us know!

Best Regards,
    Kevin L.